Hardwood floors are expensive & so should they look.
Use Roombas to keep your expensive hardwood floors clean, with practically zero effort!
Hardwood floors in a house reflect the elegance of the homeowner. They make a statement, rather a quite bold one. Much as classy they may look; they aren’t worth it if not kept shining and mopped all the time. In a home, that’s not practically possible.
But, no more!
As technology is evolving, a considerably useful piece of exquisite machinery has emerged, commonly called a robot Roomba, or Roomba for hardwood floors. We have gone above and beyond to collect and compile as much usable information as possible from the web and market, so you don’t have to. Though the market is now booming with products.
This highly dedicated article has compiled and presented a good deal of useful information and real-time users’ review-based data on Roomba for hardwood floors. We have thoroughly researched the web and surveyed the market to bring about this content so the end-user (YOU) can get the most out of it!
Points to Ponder
- Need for vacuum cleaning: Hardwoods floors are usually quite dark in color and shiny in shade. It not only catches dust but also highlights stains significantly. The dirt and dust are visible very prominently on such floors. So, they need to be vacuum cleaned multiple times a day as mopping frequently isn’t recommended on such floors.
- Pets’ hair: If you are a pet parent, sweeping with a Roomba for hardwood floors can be a menace for you. And every Robot Roomba for hard floors isn’t programmed to deal with them. So, you’ll have to specifically look for a robot Roomba that can cope with pets’ hair equally well.
- Corded: Corded robot Roombas are considered more durable as there is one lesser part vulnerable to malfunction and also, these are more powerful in sweeping the floors. But the range is compromised.
- Battery-powered: The battery-powered robot’s best Roombas for wood floors are relatively better in terms of space range. You don’t have to keep changing the plugs in different rooms or spaces. Though the battery is to be replaced after certain intervals.
- Self-charging: the battery-powered Roombas that have the Artificial Intelligence program of going to mounted charger points by self when the battery is low is the highest in demand. They are autonomous and go for sweeping rounds on the programmed timings by themselves.
Best Roomba For Hardwood Floors 2023
|Roomba For Hardwood Floors||Woody Rating|
|1. iRobot Roomba i7||10/10
|2. iRobot Roomba i3 EVO||8.5/10|
|3. iRobot Roomba 694 Robot Vacuum||8/10|
|4. Eufy by Anker, BoostIQ RoboVac 11S||7.5/10|
|5. Bissell Spin Wave||7/10|
|6. Roborock E4 Robot Vacuum Cleaner||7/10|
|7. iRobot Braava 380t Advanced Robot Mop||6.8/10|
|8. iRobot Braava Jet 240 Superior Robot Mop||6.8/10|
1. iRobot Roomba i7
why do we love it?
- Empties the dirt tray itself, for up to 60 days.
- A 3-stage cleaning system clears the stubborn stains and hard dirt.
- An effective Smarts system navigates the Roomba very accurately.
- Doesn’t leave any dirt particles behind.
- It has an edge sweeping brush set for reaching hard corners.
- It features a double multiple surface brush to break hardened dirt.
- The powerlifting suction system helps with extraordinary cleaning.
- It reaches spaces where a vacuum cleaner practically can’t.
|✅ Multiple stage cleaning||❌ Display isn’t sufficiently bright.|
|✅ Pets friendly|
|✅ Fully Autonomous|
|✅ Non-invasive cleaning|
|✅ Cleans the corners and edges equally well.|
|✅ Strict of hardened dirt.|
2. iRobot Roomba i3 EVO
Why do we love it?
- This device recharges automatically at the board when low on power.
- The brushes are multidimensional to sweep large areas
- The minimalistic design makes it more presentable.
- The cleaning process takes place in rows.
- Controlled by the app so you can order cleaning from out of the station.
- Super adaptive when it comes to mapping the home.
- Great suction power. Claimed 10x.
- Ever-evolving technology and software.
|✅ Self-sufficient||❌ Rubber tires may wear|
|✅ Controlled from distance|
|✅ Sweeps in rows|
|✅ Precision mapping of the home|
|✅ Modernistic shape|
|✅ Dirt Detect technology|
|✅ Maps by Serious Smart software|
Also, check our take on the Best Wood Preservative
3. iRobot Roomba 694 Robot Vacuum
why do we love it?
- It loosens the dirt and dust, lifts it, and sucks it in.
- It also can navigate through obstacles easily.
- Instantly senses the new debris cleans it off.
- Automatically recharges when power is down by a low range.
- The suction is great for carpets as it doesn’t damage the threads.
- Auto height adjustment head with adaptive motion control.
- Automatic hardwood floor cleaner.
- Keeps getting smarter with new updates in the software.
|✅ Cleans in rows||❌ May get stuck on stone floors
|✅ Smart navigation||❌ Brush prone to damage|
|✅ Instant suction|
|✅ 10x more powerful|
|✅ Great for carpets|
|✅ Self-recharging system|
|✅ Bug-free software and application|
|✅ Classy design and looks|
Don’t miss Best Oil Based Wood Preservative
4. Eufy by Anker, BoostIQ RoboVac 11S
Why do we love it?
- This Roomba is one of the slimmest available.
- It is relatively quieter than others.
- Completes cleaning in up to 100 minutes in one go.
- The suction power of up to 1300 Pa.
- Best RoboVac for hardwood and area rugs
- Automatically increases power on stubborn debris.
- The top glass is tempered and resistant to scratches.
- Automatically goes to charging station.
|✅ IR sensors for obstacles||❌ Small dirt box (0.6L)
|✅ Drop sensors for falls||❌ Need adapter outside the US|
|✅ Slimmest Roomba|
|✅ Tempered glass|
|✅ Scratch resistant|
|✅ Elegant design|
|✅ 1-year warranty|
Also, check Best Mops For Vinyl Plank Flooring
5. Bissell Spin Wave
Why do we love it?
- Not only vacuums the floor but also mops it.
- The suction power of up to 1500 Pa.
- Active mopping with rotating mop scrub pads.
- Roborock that cleans and polishes hardwood floors.
- Best for mopping the hardwood floors specifically.
- Soft surface avoiding sensor to prevent carpets from mops.
- Comes with a wood floor formula liquid.
- Two tanks cleaning system which.
|✅ Hardwood expert bundle||❌ Mop pads may tear
|✅ Best for mopping||❌ White color agitates most pets
|✅ Avoids carpets while mops||❌ Not resistant to scratches|
|✅ Best Roomba for hardwood floor and pet hair|
|✅ 1500 Pa vacuum power|
|✅ Triple action cleaning|
|✅ Automatically returns to charger|
6. Roborock E4 Robot Vacuum Cleaner
why do we love it?
- It has 200 Pa suction power.
- The run time is amazing at 200 minutes.
- Carpet boost system to deep clean carpets.
- Works well with Alexa.
- Cleans in the most efficient patterns.
- 4 cleaning modes with strong suction.
- Large dust bag and washable filters.
|✅ 24 hours customer support||❌ Needs adapter outside the US
|✅ Suction force is good||❌ Auto carpet boost may damage certain fabrics|
|✅ App control and voice command|
|✅ Optional mopping system|
|✅ 640 ml dustbin|
|✅ Returns to charging dock itself|
7. iRobot Braava 380t Advanced Robot Mop
why do we love it?
- Specialized mopping robot.
- Designed for hardwood floors.
- Dry and wet mopping.
- Built-in water gazettes.
- Convenient robot due to turbocharging cradle.
- Automatically returns to the charging dock.
- iAdapt 2.0 navigation system.
- Simplistic operation with 3 buttons only.
|✅ Convenient and smart||❌ Can’t be programmed
|✅ Itself returns to dock||❌ Manual commands only
|✅ Navigation with smart software||❌ No app/voice control|
|✅ Great for large homes|
|✅ Very lightweight|
|✅ Simple operation|
8. iRobot Braava Jet 240 Superior Robot Mop
why do we love it?
- 3-way cleaning options.
- Sprays water and sweeps pad on it.
- Very compact and smart.
- Saves edges and corners.
- Easy eject button for hands-off cleaning.
- Great for hardwood floors.
- Cleans in systematic pattern in rows.
|✅ Water spray is precise||❌ No vacuum
|✅ Lightweight||❌ No app/software
|✅ Accurate||❌ No programmed cleaning
|✅ Saves edges||❌ Lesser sensors|
|✅ 3-way cleaning|
|✅ Rows cleaning|
A vast majority of robot Roombas are manufactured keeping in mind the fragility of hardwood floors. Still, a few important points need to be kept in consideration while buying the best Roomba for hardwood floors. We have compiled an elaborative list in the following:
Robot Roombas have a restricted life of the battery on one charge. So, if your house has a wide floor plan, then you’ll have to go for a device with a bigger battery or greater battery life. That is why it is important for you to take the square footage of your home before buying a robot Roomba.
Size of the Roomba:
You’ve to figure out what size do you want your Roomba to be. The reason is the smaller size Roombas have smaller dustbins. So, if your house is large, you’ll have to empty it many times a day. Similarly, smaller has its own perks. Small size robots can reach hard areas and corners.
The suction power is a very important factor, you’ll need to rule out the carpeted area and hardwood area. Because if the majority of the area of your house is carpeted, then you’ll have to buy one with stronger suction power.
Mapping and navigation:
The mapping and navigation are key factors. In case you’ve got a toddler at home, you’ll want to buy a Roomba with a pretty good and adaptive navigation system. Plus, a Roomba with good navigation is safe for itself as well as other items and humans/pets in the home.
The flow of air:
The airflow of the Roomba you buy tells you a lot about the expected longevity and efficiency of the device. Lesser or lower the airflow, the more inconvenient it is for you to keep cleaning the floor even after the Roomba has been through the area multiple times before. Therefore, always buy a Roomba with powerful airflow. Moreover, your pets’ hair may stay laying on the floor or stuck in the carpet threads if the airflow is just normal or average.
Air filtration system:
Now, this may sound a little too technical but as the concept of hygiene has reached new heights mid and post-pandemic of COVID, consumers are more skeptical of the kind of air they breathe. And so should be you. Prefer a Roomba that has a built-in filtration system and is able to cleanse your floors of unwanted bacteria and viruses.
The size of the dustbin or container in your Roomba matters a lot. It wouldn’t be convenient if your floor plan is large while the dustbin is hardly 400 ml or 500 ml in capacity. You’ll probably have to empty it multiple times a day. So, it is better to ask for a Roomba with a larger dustbin.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some commonly asked Questions:
Q. Which Roomba is best for hardwood?
Ans: The best Roomba vacuum for hardwood floors on our list is iRobot Roomba 7550. It is a complete package in functionality, practicality, and price range.
Q. Do Roombas pick up dog hair on hardwood floors?
Ans: Yes! Most of the Roombas listed in this article are programmed for shedding seasons. Though those that are dedicated to mopping can’t pick hair according to Roomba sweeper reviews.
Q. Do Roombas scratch wood floors?
Ans: No! Roombas are designed keeping in mind that hardwood floors are prone to damage by dusters. So, they are made to keep the floor from getting scratched.
Q. Are vacuums good for hardwood floors?
Ans: Yes, vacuums are fine for wooden floors but not as good as Roombas. Vacuum cleaners are not good Roomba alternative though.
Q. Does Roomba work on hardwood?
Ans: Yes! Roombas work quite well on the hardwood as well as carpets. Is a Roomba okay for wood floors? Totally yes.
- Best Wood Cutters For Under $500 - May 5, 2023
- Best Budget Wood Lathes Under $500 - April 16, 2023
- Red Oak Vs White Oak 【All Key Differences】 2023 - April 2, 2022